If women seek to know God by being in His wod every day and by spending time in His presence in prayer, by the working of the Holy Spirit, God will change their lives and equip them for His service.
Based on these scriptures and many others:
Eph 4:12 “…[This ministry will] prepare God’s people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.”
II Timothy 3:16 “All scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man (and woman) of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
The purpose of Women’s Ministries program through the Bible studies, special events, and all other involvements is to:
- Lead women to the saving knowledge of Christ through grace that they might realize and foster a personal relationship with Christ.
- Provide opportunities for women to identify spiritual gifts and use them in ministry.
- Present a comfortable place for women to identify who they are in Christ .
- Use the scriptures to identify and seek to be the women God has chosen them to be.
- Call women to obedience, to be in God’s word, and in His presence to develop their spiritual walk.
- Offer women the tools to study God’s word depending on the Holy Spirit for discernment.
- Provide a place to cultivate friendships, enjoy fellowship and encourage accountability amongst the saints.
- Establish openness for sharing their faith and God’s activity in their lives to edify the group.
- Equip women to be a Godly influence in arenas of their lives outside the church.
- Promote boldness in being a witness for Christ.
- Help recognize the need for God to be their strength and develop a dependency on Him.
- Instill the need for an active personal prayer life and a desire to pray with and for others.
It is very encouraging that Cornerstone Church, from its very conception started a Women’s Ministries with a director. The purpose of the position of Director of Women’s Ministries is to direct and further the activities of the women of CCOL as well as provide initial direction, planning and preparation of special event activities. This includes such areas as support in establishing philosophy, promotion and general care of women’s ministry activities.
The women of Littlerock will be honored that this church recognized the need for a ministry targeted specifically to the needs of women, led by women, and for women. God continues to bless this church and this ministry as we seek Jesus Christ and His direction in all we do.
Women as a whole tend to find a need and fill it. Often they do not take the time to discover their gifts and rarely do they find a place to nurture those gifts. It is our purpose to guide women to minister with the gifts God has given them, encourage their growth in their walk and become mature spiritually, enabling them to glorify God in their home, their work place and in the community.
Implementing the Plan
September begins Fall Ministry which is focused on a theme for the year, carried out in our Bible Study and each event.
- Women’s Bible Study is Wednesday mornings @ 9am and evenings @ 6:30 pm. The Evening study takes a break during the Summer for the Summer Institute, but the morning class traditionally continues year round.
- Women of Faith has been a regular event each year the second full weekend in September; however tickets will go on sale as early as March.
- Women’s yearly Houseboat Retreat is traditionally the last week in September.
- The Christmas Tea, a very festive event, is the first Saturday in December.
- Girls-Night-Out’s are scheduled throughout the year, but the overnight trip to a cabin in Blue Jay is traditionally in January, and we pray for snow.
- Although the Valentines Dinner is not a women’s’ event we always support that event in February.
- Women’s Spring Retreat is the 3rd weekend in March. We have held this event at Shiloh, a lovely 3 cabin retreat spot located at the edge of the Punchbowl.
- Spring Tea is a elegant outreach event second week in May.
- All Church Summer Camp is the last full week of July and Women’s ministry supports this event fully.